Friday, April 25, 2008

While You Were Sleeping....Disha


I looked out to sea. I always found the sea so calming, and even as a child I would run across the road to the beach if I was upset and needed to think.
My parents knew that when I went missing from the house, they would find me here by the sea.

I closed my eyes and breathed in & out along the gentle sighing of the waves. It was as though the sea was taking big deep breath; pulling the water in while it inhaled & pushing it all backup onto the sand as it exhaled. I continued to breathe along with it & felt my pulse rate slow down as I became calmer.
I felt squashed between the shoulders of my past & my lost future, and I felt suffocated. I shouldn’t have to be there, none of my friends, none of my family or infact majority of the population of the world didn’t have to be there in the position I was right in. It doesn’t seem fair.
We both met here on this beach, from where we set our journey of love. I found solace in solitude watching the waves until I had the first look of her.

I picked the orchids near-by & walked towards her.
‘Excuse me, do you have band-aid because I scrapped my knee when I fell you for you’
I proposed having no clue of the tides ahead.
She turned & looked at me as she played with a gang of kids she had come with.
‘So you believe in love at first sight, right? Or should I walk by again?’ She chuckled. She looked gorgeous doing it.
She was my best friend, mother, and care-taker. I was her world.
Hmm.. My life jeopardized when I lost her. My journey of life seemed to lost track.
She was a victim of mob-fury while she was traveling to her NGO which served the downtrodden, blind & homeless children, in a bus as stones were pelted & set ablaze. She was charred alive while helping an old lady out. She was moved to the hospital where she fought for life. She braved it for 3 days.
I saw every moment of her struggle. I was beside her. I couldn’t stand the pain she was going through for no fault of hers.
She saw my eyes filled with tears for the 1st time in these 2 years since our marriage.
It was difficult to both of us going through this.
‘I miss you & I love you, Pranav She murmured.
I held her hand & said ‘I Love you tooo…Dishaand kissed her forehead as she breathed her last after those words.

I set to sail on a journey of love..
I thought I would reach my destiny of desire..
I realized when the thought of losing her..
That I was on a paper-boat as I drowned…

I could hide the pain I felt & make others believe that I can move on. But I couldn’t deny the truth that one who has left me is the still the one I miss…

I wanted to complete her unfulfilled missions, so I decided & quit as a Software Engineer, what is the use of coming up with something which is far from reach of the economically challenged class of society.
I took over her NGOs task. I felt that I worked with her & lived with her. The smile which I got back from those whom I worked for was a reward, I cherished.
Days went by when I felt so happy & content, & confident that my life would be OK, & then as quickly as the feeling came it would disappear and I would feel the sadness setting again. I wandered around like a zombie, watching everybody else live theirs, while I waited mine to end…

Sookhi mitti mein dafan hai kuch yaadein,
Kaun sunega, kis se kare fariyaadein…


What is the point in living when there is no LIFE in it…
- Pranav


PS: Life we lead depends on options we get and the choices we make..
PPS: Oh, sweet sorrow, the time you borrow, will you be here when i wake up tomorrow?
PPPS: Pray that your loneliness may spur you into finding something to live for, great
enough to die for.

3 comments:

pra said...

Wanted it not to end since your telling was so soothing to the soul. Would have read it without any regrets even if the same story was told for another two pages.

Keep it up

Mohith said...

Thats a feather in the cap.. Comment cherished.. Thank You NRI

GS World of Dreams ....nJoy said...

Mohit.... its awesome... when i read for the second time.... i felt & Visualized the feeling of invisible love... what a beauty in your expression .... nice one....