Tuesday, March 4, 2008

U, Me aur Hamari Dosti..


The concept of this blog conceived after I was made to realize my shortcoming through a SMS conversation with my Friend.

U : don’t know y grass on other side always looks greener.
Me : it happens, don’t worry, its all how you see.
U : uncertainties of the future has put me down
Me : we would b gods if we are clear of the future, if u get to know it now, there is nothing left in life infact. Don’t worry
U : sometimes certain things are better left to fate.
Me : I don’t want u 2 blame it on fate, 4 things you can do. Now come on cheer-up. Every tunnel has an illuminated path at the end of it. I’m sorry if my words don’t help you feel better.
U : kuch baatein..no one can understand..
Me : there is nothing which cant be understood, it is you who don’t want to make me understand & ruining ur peace of mind.
U : Tum nahi samjhoge, my confusions abt my career, my life & all that. Ye sab chalta rahega, chalo so jaao GN
Me : I dono how good u feel makin such statements, bad. U don’t want things to be st8 even when the other person is ready to lend his heart out to make u feel better. GN

As someone said, Life is indeed beautiful coz of some people; I did not want that special person of my life to be in such bad situation. This kept me pondering of my existence for a long time before I fell asleep.
How do I make him feel better, am I so bad that he says that I don’t understand what he is going through.
I wanted to say him this -

I can't give solutions to all of life's problems, doubts, or fears. But I can listen to you and together we will search for answers.
But why did he refrain from sharing? That’s what friends are for..
It doesn't really matter whether you grip the arms of the dentist's chair or let your hands lie in your lap. The drill drills on.
I can't change your past with all its heartache and pain, or the future with its untold stories. But I can be there now when you need me to care.
But why did you stop me from caring? What are friends for..
I can't keep your feet from stumbling. I can only offer my hand that you may grasp it and not fall.
But why did you stop from holding on to me? What are friends for..
I can't prevent you from falling away from friendship, from your values, from me. I can only pray for you, talk to you, and wait for you.
I understand you are going through a bad patch, but I want to say that it doesn’t make me feel good either when you are in such worse phase.
I hate seeing is any of my friends being so vulnerable.
Its even more hard for me when its you.
I am scared that he is finding solace in misery by not sharing things with me for solutions…
I can't keep your heart from breaking and hurting, but I can cry with you and help you pick up the pieces and put them back in place.
Speak out, share things. That’s how you feel better.
I can't give you boundaries which I have determined for you, but I can give you the room to change, room to grow, room to be yourself.
I don’t expect u 2 change; you can be at your natural best. I have accepted u as a friend as you are & never fear that you brooding on things would change my opinion for you. All I expected is you to share & feel better.
And let your best be for your friend. If he must know the ebb of your tide, let him know its flood also. For what is your friend that you should seek him with hours to kill? Seek him always with hours to live
Finally,
I can't tell you who you are. I can only love you and be your friend.

PS : Life is not easy & it will never be, but you’ve got friends & one of them is me..
PPS : Apologies if you find it too senti as you always say.. (am not senti-baaz)
PPPS : Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends. To be an adult is to be alone

No comments: